Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Participant Blog post



In order to document what we are doing right now and what we are up to over the next two days... we have invited Alyssa (Can), Amy (Can) and Hannah (Ger) to share their opinion here on this blog. What follows is their unfiltered uncensored account of what has happened so far and things things to come.



Amy, Alyssa
Amy: Guten Tag! I barely speak any German, so coming here without knowing much was a little nerveraking. My first thoughts on the seminar were, yaayy.. more school and having to be around people who have no idea what im saying! Turns out, it has been a great experience. Everyone is so nice and easy to talk to. Anselm is also very kind and fun to have as a teacher I guess. This little get-away is somewhat like school, but so much better. You're with your friends the entire time and you're getting to know people in ways you wouldn't be able to anywhere else. I definitely recommend this awesome place to anyone looking for some fun and knoweledge. Especially those ice breaker games ;)
 Thanks Europa haus Marienberg :)

Alyssa: Well I have to say, this has been an amazing experience and I would not change anything about it. I think it is an educated yet eventfull seminar and I know I will have any memories that will last a life time. Also, because of this Europa seminar I have met some very kind and amazing people that I hope I will stay aqauinted with. I will definitely speak highly and recommend this seminar to other youth so that they will have the chance to learn about their/other cultures and society.  This has been an awsome opportunity. Thanks to everyone at Europa Haus!!!

Hannah
Hannah: So far the most of us had a lot of fun and the ice breaking was kind of  weird but still funny. The German and the Canadian students get along with each other very well, most of time – the communication works! Right now we have to work on our presentations, because we should be done by 4 ‘o clock. We aren’t really sure how the Canadian System is doing right now. What exactly happened last week in Canada? Apart from that, our group is very good and the toppic is difficult but Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment